The statistics are out there and no one’s kidding. However, sustainability is as much about the health of your business as the health of the environment. Here are a few reasons why it makes sense to make the change to reusable bags:
1. Your customers expect it
Shoppers demand products that are eco conscious. They want sustainable choices at checkout too.
2. Better branding
Your bag is a reflection of your brand’s desirability and what’s more premium than a bag with a purpose.
3. Good for business
Studies show that shoppers who bring reusable bags buy and spend more than those who don’t.
4. Future regulations
States and whole countries are going plastic free. Stay ahead and comply with green laws before they arrive.
- A million single use plastic bags are used every minute.
- Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the Earth three times.
- Less than 5% of the plastic we use is ever recovered or recycled.
- A single plastic bag can take over 1000 years to degrade, if at all.
- Plastic bags are made from Fossil Fuel – a non-renewable resource
- Paper bags are not much better – manufacturing them involves enormous depletion of precious natural resources like water and trees for just one time use. High costs in transportation and recycling add to the problem.